Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The interesting things I run across...



I was out last weekend for a trip around the Ozarks and decided to stop at Elephant Rocks State Park to scramble around on the granite dome and perhaps take a few photos. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the clanking and clashing I could hear all the way down in the parking lot turned out to be a group of a dozen fencers from the St. Louis area for an open air sparring session. Interesting. Definitely unexpected, yet interesting. I sat with my dad and watched a few bouts (am I using the correct terminology here?). I must admit the setting was pretty spectacular for a fencing contest; quite a bit more dramatic than a typical city gymnasium. Since it was a warm October Sunday, the crowds at the park were worse than usual and the mid-day light was bad, so we didn't bother with any photos other than a quick cell phone video to share.

D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment