Monday, July 20, 2009

Pink Katydid



I was out photographing a group of Missouri Master Naturalists on a central Missouri prairie for the magazine when we found a rare pink katydid. The chances of finding one of these is very slim (I've been told by numerous colleagues...I had no idea). The naturalists were pretty excited and we all took turns checking out this fine specimen.




The Master Naturalists came upon quite a few interesting subjects from wildflowers to snakes. A lot was said about the native American folklore of the Missouri prairies as well as the biological interactions of the various flora and fauna. It was an interesting morning spent with very knowledgeable and passionate nature lovers.

D.

3 comments:

  1. I love pink katydids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink Katydid, very nice photo! I am still learning how to make great photos! Mainly outdoor scenery. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment. I posted a reply to your question under "Making Photos". Hope it helps.

    D.

    ReplyDelete