Thursday, July 30, 2009

Maine Photos


[Lighthouse, Port Clyde, Maine]

It's been a few weeks since I got back from a great photography workshop in Maine with renowned travel photographer Bob Krist. Bob has photographed for National Geographic Traveler, Smithsonian magazine and Islands magazine and had a wealth of information to share on travel photography.

[Fisherman, Rockport Harbor, Maine]

The workshop was held in beautiful Rockport, ME. Lots of fog. Lots of rain. I loved it. The whole coast of Maine is so charming with 150 year old cape style homes, art studios, rugged shoreline and vintage wooden sailboats.

Bob shared lots of his lighting techniques, foreign travel philosophy, and how to think about crafting a travel assignment as well as the nitty-gritty of the business.

[Lobsterman, Rockport Harbor, Maine]

I had a great time, met lots of wonderful photographers, ate some wicked good lobstah from the habah, and learned a lot. Coastal Maine is definitely on my short list of places to visit again.

[Wooden Schooner, Penobscot Bay, Maine]

D.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that is a really nice picture there. I am also into photography. I still have to get my pictures uploaded onto the internet here. Check out my blog. I only have one post so far. But you know how it is with work and such. Just need more time!

    http://domenens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. I like the pictures of the fisherman and the lobsterman...fascinating.

    ReplyDelete